Hello everyone! I decided to make an article that will give you a detailed overview on the things that I consider for a Daily Deviation. In my second month as a Community Volunteer (well almost - time flies so fast
), I have met lots of awesome suggester and some of them usually ask question regarding this and that, so I hope that I can answer them here.
In this article, I will be going to specifically talking about the things that I consider when I feature Daily Deviations.
Will you only feature deviations under the Cartoons and Comics Gallery?
- Yes! I can only feature deviations under the Cartoons and Comics gallery but I am not the only Community Volunteer for this gallery because I am with the awesome ^KasumiCR.
How will I know if it is under the Cartoons and Comics gallery ?
- It's really simple You can go to the deviation page and you can see the gallery address after the deviation and before the Artist's comments. A sample screenshot is provided below.
Where to send a DD Suggestion if it's not under the Cartoons and Comics gallery?
Will you feature artworks with copyrighted characters?
- To be honest, when I started as a CV, I was a little unsure about these two things as well. As you may notice, when I draw a Superman artwork for example, then I can also upload it under the Fanart or under the C&C Gallery here on deviantart. But after seeing and checking deviations, I was able to pin point some things that I consider before featuring something:
- When the artwork with a copyrighted character was uploaded to the Fanart category, then by all means, I will not feature it so you should send the suggestions to either ^KasumiCR or ^Lyricanna but when it is uploaded under the Cartoons and Comics gallery, then I will ofcourse consider featuring it.
- But that's not all! ofcourse, comics and comics also have styles and that will really help in maintaining the uniqueness of the artworks. When I feature cartoons with copyrighted characters, I always think of this question first, "Is this from a cartoon series?" By cartoon, i mean, like Adventure Time, Winnie the Pooh, Penelope Pittstop, Power Puff Girls, Thundercats, etc etc! Or if it was from a movie or game that was eventually, it should have a cartoon feel
- Forartworks with comic characters, I always think if this character(s) is/are from a comic. Like Marvel characters, DC, etc and they usually have a style that makes it a comic artwork, usually in the presence of inks, halftones and other visual effects.
I am very much open to talk about this matter further. So if you think there's something missing here or to the extent that you disapprove this, then please note me or leave a comment here
Do you consider the layout when featuring a comic?
- ofcourse! I consider things as much as I can, especially when it comes to layout for a comic page. If the page is not organize and it will lead us to confusion when reading, then it somewhat destroys the value of the comic because we will have a hard time in getting the idea of the artist.
Will you feature artworks with gore and blood?
- Yes. But the mature content tag must be turned on
Will you feature artworks with too much sexy females/males?
- Yes. But if it exposes too much of the body parts, then the mature content tag must be turned on
Will you feature comics written in other languages aside from English?
- It varies from a case to case basis. If it has at least a transcript of the translation, then I'll ofcourse consider it.
Will you feature cartoons and comics in Anime/Manga style?
- No. It's either I'll ask you to send it to the Manga/Anime CVs or I'll forward it to them
Will you help budding comic artists here on Deviantart via a Daily Deviation?
- Daily Deviations are not the only way where I will be featuring artworks. Interview and feature series are on my plans already so i'll let you know
- just note me or leave a comment here
Please take note that these are just the preliminaries. I will add more stuffs from time to time
Thanks everyone! I hope to receive more suggestions from you all